New Genymotion Virtual Devices version 2.16 for Genymotion Desktop and Genymotion Cloud SaaS have been released.
We have enabled file-based encryption for Android 8.0, 8.1, 9.0 and 10.
SSL VPN support
We have added support for SSL VPN client applications on Android 5.0 and higher.
Bug fixes and improvements
All Android versions
We have updated the Genymotion Java API. If you are using it, you need to update the Genymotion library.
RIL and Baseband: improved stability when changing baseband values like IMEI. Now persistent across reboots.
Other changes include:
- GPS: add dummy satellites. Improves support of applications using location framework
- GPS: location data are periodically reported to the framework now
- Camera: implement autofocus
- Audio: fix microphone sampling rate
- Audio: increase output and input volumes
- Copy / paste: fix empty clipboard handling
- OpenGApps: bump to 20200606 release
- Fix Disk I/O feature. It is now applied to the system partition
- Kiosk feature is no longer device-owner when it’s not in use: allows other device-owner applications
Android 6.0 to 9.0
- Better OpenGL ES support: improves performance and fixes various bugs
- Update Android System webview
- Fix AAC audio playback
- Bump base Android version to android-9.0.0_r56
- Enable SSSE3 instruction set
- Bump base Android version to android-7.0.0_r36
Android 5.1 and higher
- Allows to override ro.build.description property
- Enable multi-user
Now available for Genymotion Desktop and Genymotion Cloud SaaS.