New Genymotion Virtual Devices version 2.14 have been released. Those are the devices used by Genymotion Desktop and Genymotion Cloud SaaS.
What’s in the box?
This release includes the following changes:
- Keyboard composition has been fixed ; you can now type symbols the way you are used to. For example, on most European keyboard layouts, press “Alt Gr” + “E” to get the Euro symbol.
- Improvements have been done to the overriding of build properties: it is now possible to override ro.vendor.build.fingerprint on Android 9.0 and we fixed a bug in device ID/IMEI overriding for Android 6.0 and later.
- Internet connectivity issues on Android 8.0 have been fixed.
- Searching for applications in Google Play works again.
- New, colorful wallpapers!
Deprecating older Android versions
We are deprecating Android 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 support. Genymotion Desktop 3.0 can create devices with those Android versions (using Genymotion Virtual Devices 2.13). But they won’t be available in Genymotion Desktop 3.1. If you rely on such devices, we recommend migrating your setup to at least Android 4.4.
These new devices are now available for Genymotion Desktop 3.0 users and Genymotion Cloud SaaS.