Migrating from v2.0.1
- Genymotion comes now bundled with a version of ADB. You can still provide a path to an Android SDK if you want, and Genymotion will use Android tools from this SDK. If you previously set a path to a specific Android SDK version, Genymotion will continue to use it.
Genymotion automatically reconnects to ADB
Many users reported that their IDE doesn’t detect anymore their Genymotion virtual devices after a period of time. Genymotion virtual devices are now automatically reconnected to ADB, avoiding problems when IDEs restart ADB daemon.
Sound capture in screencast feature
Sound emitted by the virtual device is now included in videos recorded with Genymotion screencast feature.
To speed up future deployments and optimize your bandwidth, Genymotion stores all downloaded virtual device files in a cache. As these files can represent a significant amount of disk space, you can easily remove them (as well as log files) from the Genymotion settings panel, in the miscellaneous tab.
On Microsoft Windows platforms, Genymotion binaries are now digitally signed, avoiding some false positive alerts from antivirus software or confirmation warnings when launched.
- Genymotion can now detect and work around the fact that VirtualBox installation path has changed.
- In the GPS widget, the map search field is now using the proxy configuration.
- The GPS widget works even if the network was unreachable at Genymotion launch.
- When deploying a new virtual device, the window listing its characteristics doesn’t show cropped text anymore on some platforms with a particular screen size.
- When using it without license, Genymotion window title do not blink anymore, making UI automation easier.
- Genymotion now reports network configuration in its log file, making easier to detect installation problems when contacting Genymotion support.
- Some typos and internationalization strings were fixed.
- Avoid CPU overheat while using remote control.
- Windows uninstaller only cleans required files.
- Users who were having white or black screen at start (with error message: “Unable to switch to context, eglGetError=3004”) will now start correctly without having to fullscreen, then un-fullscreen their Genymotion virtual devices.
- Virtual devices: HierarchyViewer, UiAutomatorViewer and DDMS file explorer are now working perfectly with Genymotion.
- Virtual devices: GeoFencing API from Play Services and GeoCoder API are now working.
- Virtual devices: Fixed some inconsistencies between xdpi/ydpi and logical dpi.
- Virtual devices: Correct handling of configured dpi of system drawable resources.
Added new devices
- Galaxy Note (2.3, 4.1)
- Galaxy S2 (2.3, 4.1)
- HTC One (4.2, 4.3)
- Moto X (4.2, 4.3)
- Nexus 10 (4.2, 4.3)
- Nexus 7 2012 (4.1, 4.2, 4.3)
- Nexus One (2.3)
- Xperia S (2.3, 4.1)
- Xperia Z (4.2, 4.3)