We added a preview support of Android 6.0, also known as Android Marshmallow. Virtual devices available with this version are:
- Google Nexus 5X;
- Google Nexus 6P.
We’re working hard on building the final release.
Here’s a list of known issues we’re still working on:
- Launcher3 may crash when the device starts;
- The new densities 420dpi and 560dpi cannot be selected in the UI of Genymotion, but the new devices use them anyway;
- Power button locks the device, but doesn’t darken the screen on Mac OS X;
- Camera crashes when recording;
- Identifiers widget doesn’t work yet;
- Zip archives can be flashed but some hooks might be missing for some packages to work;
- Hibernation on Mac OS X freezes the device display;
- SDcard size can’t be changed;
- “Super user” app missing;
- “File manager” app missing;
- Microphone doesn’t work;
- Most video/audio codecs don’t work.
If you find more, we’ll be happy to hear from you! https://www.genymotion.com/contact
All other Genymotion features run properly. You can now test your apps on Android API level 23, with all new Marshmallow features, such as the new permission system.