Genymotion Cloud PaaS
– How do I access my Virtual Device With PuTTY (Windows)? –
You have to download and install PuTTY and PuTTYgen from here
You can either download a package with all tools or download PuTTY and PuTTYgen separately.
Generating SSH key pair
You will need to generate a ssh key pair in order to connect to your instance with PuTTY
- AWS and Alibaba
AWS and Alibaba both offer built-in tools to create key pairs.
GCP does not offer built-in tools to create key pairs, you will need to use PuTTYgen.
- Run PuTTYgen. A window opens where you can configure your key-generation settings.
- Click Generate and follow the on-screen instructions to generate a new key. For most cases, the default parameters are fine, but you must generate keys with at least 2048 bits. When you are done generating the key, the tool displays your public key value.
- In the Key comment section, replace the existing text with the username of the user for whom you will apply the key.
- Optionally, you can enter a Key passphrase to protect your key.
- Click Save private key to write your private key to a file with a
- Click Save public key to write your public key to a file for later use. Keep the PuTTYgen window open for now.
Import SSH Key pair to your instances
- AWS and Alibaba
There is nothing to do here: using AWS/Alibaba built-in tools to create a key pair will automatically generate a public key on the EC2 platform.
From the open PuTTYgen window, you will need to copy the content of the generated public key:
And paste the content to create a new key pair. Please follow instructions from Editing public SSH key metadata
Connect to the instance
- In the Category pane, choose Session and complete the following fields:
- In the Host Name box, enter
[email protected]_ip where instance_ip is your instance public IP.
- Under Connection type, select SSH
- Ensure that Port is 22
- In the Category pane, expand Connection, expand SSH, and then choose Auth. Complete the following:
- Choose Browse
- Select the
.ppk file that you generated for your key pair with PuTTYgen, and then choose Open
- (Optional) If you plan to start this session again later, you can save the session information for future use. Choose Session in the Category tree, enter a name for the session in Saved Sessions, and then choose Save
- Choose Open to start the PuTTY session
- If this is the first time you have connected to this instance, PuTTY displays a security alert dialog box that asks whether you trust the host you are connecting to
- Choose Yes. A window opens and you are connected to your instance